Single Leg Forward Bend
Physical: Opens the hamstrings, calves, glutes, and spine; strengthens the legs and core
Rx for: Poor digestion
1. Stand with feet together, hands on hips.
2. Step the left foot about 2 feet in front of you.
3. Keeping the legs straight, bend at the hips so the torso comes forward over the left leg, keeping the spine as straight as possible.
4. Reach out and down with both arms, bringing fingertips to the floor on either side of the left foot.
5. Hold for 3 to 5 breaths.
6. To go deeper, place the palms on the floor and forehead to the left shin.
7. Hold for 3 to 5 breaths.
8. Lift the forehead, bring hands to hips.
9. Keep spine straight and return torso to a vertical position.
10. Step left leg back to starting position.
11. Repeat on other side, with right leg extended.