Physical: Strengthens upper back, shoulders, abs, neck, and arms; opens shoulders and upper back
Rx for: Thyroid conditions, headaches, insomnia, stress
1. Lie with back on the floor, feet flat on the floor about hip-width apart, arms along sides of the body, palms up.
2. Bend knees in toward chest.
3. Roll hips up and over until legs straighten and toes come to the floor behind the head.
4. Place hands on low back for support, fingertips face up.
5. Lift right leg toward the ceiling.
6. Lift leg toward the ceiling.
7. Press (straight) legs into each other.
8. Hold for 3 to 5 breaths.
9. Keeping legs straight, lower legs at the same time behind the head until toes touch the floor.
10. Lower hands to the floor, palms up.
11. Roll back to the floor one vertebra at a time until hips reach the floor.
12. Bend knees, place feet on floor.